New Safeway Store Opens in Damonte Ranch Town Center
Safeway opened a new store in Reno on May 19 located at 1031 Steamboat Parkway in the Damonte Ranch Town Center. The 62,000-square-foot store features a variety of fresh offerings, ready-to-serve options, and prepared meal solutions.
“We are excited to unveil a new Safeway store and expand our presence in Reno,” said Karl Schroeder, Safeway Division President. “We look forward to welcoming Reno residents and visitors to the new store with an emphasis on full, fresh and friendly customer service.”
The store brings an estimated 170 new jobs to Reno and will be open 24 hours a day led by Store Director Dominic Dennis. The store will offer customer giveaways throughout the week.
Safeway is the last anchor tenant to open in Damonte Ranch Town Center, developed by Lewis Management Corp.
Highlights of the new Reno Safeway include:
- A premium deli department with a range of freshly prepared meals and ready-to-serve options.
- A full-service butcher block featuring fresh cut meats prepared daily.
- Our signature bakery with freshly made pastries, bread, cookies, and cakes for special occasions.
- An assortment of organic, natural, and healthier-for-you choices throughout the store.
- An exclusive line of Own Brands products, including high-quality food and non-food choices.
- A dedicated pharmacy team available to manage your prescriptions, safely administer immunizations, or provide specialty care. Walk-ins welcome for COVID-19 vaccinations.
- In-store Starbucks, staffed with friendly baristas ready to prepare your favorite drinks.
- Drive Up & Go pick-up service allows you to place your grocery orders online, schedule a pick-up time and a Safeway associate will put the groceries directly into your car.